Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pat Quitugua ATT DEVICE: The Big Track Ball

This device is a great way to assist special needs students more easily ahve access to a computer mouse. the track ball takes the place of the smaller mouse via its' design. The track ball is the biggest computer mouse made in the world with a 3 inch diameter ball inset in a stationary foundation with two large left and right click buttons. (more details about the track ball can be read on my personal blog .http://delicious.com/Coolpatq

My question is as follows: " Are there any available grants that we as teachers can access in order to buy such equipment for our classrooms ???"

4 comments:

gacosta said...

I found the track ball to be a interesting piece of technology that can possibly be of use for myself and students. Thanks for the delicious site, I will add it to mine. I do not know of any grants to acquire this type of technology but I also would be interested. Thanks for Info. Gil

Sangi Susuico said...

Hey Pat

I think this is such an interesting device because it not only be used for those with disabilities but those who are older and have trouble with regular sized mouses.

Jacqui Cyrus said...

Hi:
I wonder if large track balls can be found in children's toy departments as well? Probably the track ball might not be quite as large, but the cost might be much less.

BTW: It's a nice touch to include your 'del.icio.us' site.

-j-

Helene Cruz said...

I remember asking the question at GSAT and they said that so long as we can justify the need for the device, we should be able to get the loan.

Helene