Monday, October 6, 2008

Physically Impaired AT Demo #1 Acosta

Assistive Technology Tool Demonstration #1 for Physically Impaired Persons
NO SPILL ICE TRAY- Ice tray fills like a bottle to prevent spilling water.
INNER LIP PLATE-Perfect for those individuals with limited muscle control, or use of only one hand
BUILT UP ANGLED UTENCILS- Great for person with limited upper extremity movement, 30° angle comfortable. http://slideshare.net/gilster1969/assistive-tech-tools-presentation

QUESTION: What age specific groups of impaired persons would benefit from this low tech assistive device?


By Gilbert I. Acosta

5 comments:

Rowena Mendiola said...

Hi Gil! I really like your presentation! We've had that ice try at home but never really used it.

Helene Cruz said...

Honestly, that device can be used for all age levels. I, myself am looking for one like that. If you know where I can get one, please let me know.

Helene

Welcome to Lois' HafaBlog said...

Hey Gil,
Sorry, I really thought I commented on your presentation. For a low tech device, your presentation was really high tech and personalized. Enjoyed it and was very informative. Excellent work!

Unknown said...

Gil,
I am presently working with a wonderful student with Multiple Disabilities. However, he has minimum mobility in his right hand. He is able to grasp a thermos and lift it towards his mouth. We are working on reinforcing this skill with extensive excercises to strengthened his grip. Your presentation provides a great resource and concept to design other tools with similar functions.

Maulek Na Checho (Good Job!)

Unknown said...

Sorry about the tense of strengthen.
David