Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"Assistive Technology Wake Assure Alarm Clock" Lily Bordallo


Hi Everyone,

Here is my summary for Assistive Technology Alarm Clock this alarm clock is sure to wake you up with its “loud buzzer, flashing lamp, strong bed shaker” and large numbers displaying the time. Awake Assure “Large and super bright display makes it easy to read, day or night.”

This will help my students, visually impaired, hearing impaired and any person who is having a hard time waking up. Also, this Alarm clock can be used for elderly people and any student having problems waking up. This alarm can be used in the classroom for students to time themselves for their different life styles.

I believe the the "Assistive Technology Wake Assure Alarm Clock" is beneficial for use in the classroom for all students.

Please open my hyperlink to my PowerPoint URL:
Here is my new PowerPoint with the new slide background and URL from AuthorStream. I modified my summary and deleted the word handicap from my summary. Thank you for all your help and everything you do for me.

http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/Lily.Bordallo-158284-2-upload-blogger-wake-assure-web-pag-alarm-clock-demo-lily-page-mar-3-2009-powerpoint-education-ppt/

Thank you,
Lily

6 comments:

Alonso said...

Bravo, you presented, informed, and taught me some great techniques all in one. Thank you, Lou Alonso (Learnmore)

Alonso said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matsue said...

Awesome Job. You got some talent. It is always nice to learn different ways to teach our students. Keep it up!

Matsue {special2education}

lgrigley said...

Hi Lily, I was amaze how you save your AT demo to different WebPages. Two thumbs for you. I'm learning a lot, but still there's a lot more to absorb particularly a variety tools to use and enhance every teaching in the classroom.

jonisadlg said...

Your Presentation was good!
I think a lot of people can use your device especially those who have difficulty getting up in the morning!

Jacqui Cyrus said...

Hi Lily:
I can think of a couple of uses in the classroom for this alarm clock device:

1) Set time parameters for different activities. When the alarm rings, all of the students will know that it is time to put away certain tools and to begin another activity.
2) Create a 'math' race. Groups are given several problems to complete. When the alarm rings, everyone stops.
3) For students who take medications frequently, the alarm can be used as a reminder.

Can you think of other in-class uses for the alarm clock?

-j-