Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hearing Assistive Technology ~ TTY/TDD Device



Hearing Assistive Technology makes sound accessible to people with a hearing loss. This particular device that I chose may look like a regular phone or somewhat like a typewriter. TTY/TDD devices use normal phone lines to communicate. TTY/TDD stands for a group of telecommunication devices that make it easier for deaf and/or hearing impair people to talk over telephone lines. TTY stands for telephone typewriter, teletypewriter or text messages back and forth. TDD stands for Telecommunications Device for the Deaf. Usually these devices are all classify under TTY/TDD. Sometimes TTY means manual devices such as typewriters, TDD devices usually means computer assisted or digital devices. For the most part, a TTY/TDD device is the size of a typewriter or a small computer

5 comments:

ED443 TECH - Lily Bordallo said...

Hi,
This reminds me of the teletype machine that I was using in the 80's to send out messages around the world.

Excellent presentation. Thank you, Lily

ED443 TECH - Lily Bordallo said...

Hi,

Excellent job on your presentation.
I enjoyed your presentation with the Assistive Technology.

Thank you, Lily Bordallo

Here is my new PowerPoint with the new slide background and URL from AuthorStream. I modified my summary and deleted word handicap. Thank you for all your help and everything you do for me.

http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/Lily.Bordallo-158284-2-upload-blogger-wake-assure-web-pag-alarm-clock-demo-lily-page-mar-3-2009-powerpoint-education-ppt/

Please click on the link above or copy and paste to the URL on your i.e. browser.

Thank you Lily Bordallo

Alonso said...

Hey there Matsue, the fantastic calming-photo was a great opening on your highly informative presentation. I learned a lot about the teletype AT device and also about the challenges of a person with impaired hearing in 20 minutes. Thank you for always availing yourself to my ever confusing ??s.

lgrigley said...

Hi Matsue good job on your presentation. Haven’t seen the actual TTY up until you presented it. I heard it many times, but have not really seen it and how it functions. Thank you for the info.

Matsue said...

I think I did fine on my presentation but I forgot to include this information.

Uniphone 1140 Uniphone 1140
Product ID: ULTRA-UNI1140
Manufacturer: Ultratec

The Uniphone 1140 from Ultratec features speed dial, ring flasher, auto answer and more.

More...
Our Price: $279.00