Sunday, March 1, 2009

Low-Tech Assistive Technology Device: Memory Telephone



For most people, a simple task such as dialing digits to call others or answering the phone is easy, for others, however, it is a formidable enterprise. Communication is vital, and to be able to make a phone call in cases of emergencies is very important, most especially to those individuals who find it difficult to use regular telephones, hence, the memory telephones. Memory telephones are designed to aid individuals with disabilities to making interactions via tele-communication a more convenient experience. Its features include auto-dialing, enlarged buttons with images, alert light for incoming call and other features that are also found in regular telephones, such as redial and volume control. The memory telephones are most suitable to individuals with visual and hearing impairments, short-term memory, and motor disabilities.

PowerPoint Presentation

http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/agent.palm-157172-memory-telephone-assistive-technology-low-tech-ed-446-technoloy-presentation-education-ppt-powerpoint/

Philip Almonte's Assistive Technology Blog

http://palmsped.blogspot.com/

Comments and/or Suggestions are Encouraged

7 comments:

Matsue said...

Good Job Phil!

aGenT PaLm said...

Thanks, Matsue! Looking forward to your presentation! ^_^

ED443 TECH - Lily Bordallo said...

Hi Phil,

I like you keep it sweet and simple PowerPoint excellent job on your PowerPoint. Keep-up the good work.

I am trying to upload my PowerPoint into www.authorstream.com and it's taking forever. It's already 11:00 p.m. and I am still uploading my PowerPoint in order for me to get my URL for my posting into my blog and moodle.

It looks like it will finish uploading by midnight 3/3/2009.

Si Lily

ED443 TECH - Lily Bordallo said...

Hi Everyone,

Please check to see if you can access my PowerPoint created from gmail documents. I got and error saying 'This presentation contains content that your browser may not be able to show properly. This presentation was optimized for more recent versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer.'
If you would like to proceed anyway, click here.
please check if you can view my PowerPoint URL created from gmail documents click on my URL
http://docs.google.com/1.%20upload%20to%20blogger%20Wake%20Assure%20web%20page%20Mar%201%202009%20web%20page%20PowerPoint_files/frame.htm

Thank you,
Lily

ED443 TECH - Lily Bordallo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ED443 TECH - Lily Bordallo said...

Hi,

Excellent job on your presentation.
I enjoyed your presentation with the Assistive Technology.

Thank you, Lily Bordallo

Here is my new PowerPoint with the new slide background and URL from AuthorStream. I modified my summary and deleted word handicap. Thank you for all your help and everything you do for me.

http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/Lily.Bordallo-158284-2-upload-blogger-wake-assure-web-pag-alarm-clock-demo-lily-page-mar-3-2009-powerpoint-education-ppt/

Please click on the link above or copy and paste to the URL on your i.e. browser.

Thank you Lily Bordallo

lgrigley said...

Hello Everyone!
Thank you for the first presentation, we all did a good job on AT devices carefully chosen by each of us at GSAT. Let's give ourselves a path on the shoulder. Also, each one of us presented a lot of information, still there's a lot more waiting to be registered in my brain. Thank you all once again.