Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Lgrigley's Reading Magnifier for visually impaired


Reading Magnifier or MagniScreen - standing magnifier is a free standing magnifier with a weighted base and fully adjustable lens. Stretch arm can be positioned for any situation. Magnification up to 6 xs! 12.25" x 7". Easily assembled

If our focus is to improve the lives of people who are blind or low-vision individuals is through adaptive technology. My mother is able to read her papers with the help of this desktop magnifier. She enjoys sitting on the sofa, turning the pages, and feeling a sense of "freedom" to being able to read without having to feel encumbered. It is much less trouble than using a hand-held magnifier.Great hands free stand magnifier makes reading and doing things easier. Low Vision Aids help the visually impaired enjoy a more independent lifestyle.


5 comments:

Matsue said...

Hey Lydia.. I enjoyed your presentation tonight. I love those magnifying glass. One of these days I will have to find any other way that would work for my sight so I can enjoy reading and not straining my eyes so much. Keep up the good work.

ED443 TECH - Lily Bordallo said...

Hi Lydia,

I enjoyed your presentation the reading magnifier will be good for my students to use in the classroom. Thank you for the excellent presentation.

Si Lily

Alonso said...

Great presentation! Like how you took pro shot of the magnifier, share ur secret will ya!

lgrigley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lgrigley said...

Hello dear classmates and Dr. Cyrus. I have successfully saved my PowerPoint Presentation (AKA) also known as Assistive Technology demonstration in AuthorStream. Thank you all for lesson learned in the class. Attached is the URL just in case you want to see it.

http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/lgrigley-159582-presentation-assistive-technology-reading-magnifier-portable-visually-impaired-education-ppt-powerpoint/