Thursday, April 30, 2009

Question, Thoughts and suggestion for Content Presentation

Wow! I was amazed that some of you went above and beyond. All those software presented was awesome and its interesting enough to think if we are able to use it. We can only dream so much to have all kinds of technology or software to be incorporated onto our daily lesson planning. BUT! Guam Public School System did not have a budget for new technology, therefore, we inherited technology computer in particular from DODEA which is 10 to 15 years old. To top it off, GPSS program/set up these computers before it was distributed to all public school system so that you're limited to what you can do? In short, it is blocked.

Here's the questions:

1) How or in what way you can utilized the software that was presented onto your classroom teaching and learning if you have limited access?

2) Are you willing to spend your hard earned money to acquire one? I/we have spend our money then and now to get what we need to teach prepared lesson more often than not.

2 comments:

Matsue said...

Hi Lydia.. you brought a great concern of mine too. You are totally right and I agree because I was in a classroom with an old beaten up computer in my room for a one school year. I had to ask my husband to do something to it so at least I can make use of it. It was not possible, he said it was too old. Again, the following year.. there was a computer in my new room for a child with autism. I had to buy new disc, because I was told that he loves computer games but the computer could not do anything but play a game on a disc. I can go on and on with the list. The internet is limited. Everything are too expensive for me. I can provide for the kids and love them all but I also have to feed my family and pay my bills.. to be honest with you, I can not afford it. Thanks for sharing.

Alonso said...

The presentations certainly motivated me to do more in my class today than I could have in the past. Maybe not immediate devices, but the incentive to get on the ball to at least try to assist a student because we can! Thanks to the unbelievable number of technology shared and given the opportunity with valuable information and networking received from this class. Foremost is the example of "Naomi's Blog on Smart Port" WOW!!!